FOSTORIA COIN CLUB PO Box 613 Fostoria Ohio 44830 email@example.com
March 2020 Newsletter
FOSTORIA COIN CLUB OFFICERS 2019
President – Gary Moran (614) 620-1264 Vice President – Denny Hall (419) 435-8442
Treas. Vincent Gaietto (419) 447-8861 Secretary- Aaron Rider (419) 721-2223
Sgt/Arms – Bruce Hanny (419) 898-0311 Auction – Joe Dohanos (419) 349-0927
***Coming Events: Next meeting of FCC will be Monday, 3/16, at Trinity Episcopal Church.
The February meeting of the Fostoria Coin Club was called to order at 7:30pm by President Gary Moran with 25 members present. Gary led the membership with the Pledge of Allegiance. Gary then read the minutes and after a few corrections were made, they stood approved. Vincent Gaietto read the Treasurer’s report and it was approved by the membership.
1. The last of the Christmas coins were handed out.
Mike Hockenberry and John Messersmith were in attendance and this will be their first reading for membership into the club.
2. Chuck Brandeberry is back from knee surgery and is doing well.
3. Gary Moran will include the cost of club membership on our website.
5. Treasurer Gaietto reminded the membership that 2020 dues are due.
6. Gloria Wolfe will check into prices for T-Shirts to be worn by members at the 2021 coin show.
7. Denny Hall passed around an unusual Lincoln cent error for discussion.
8. A discussion about the 2019 W quarter was held and how sellers on EBay appear to have
hundreds for sale when the general public cannot locate any of them.
Coin Show Business
Eric Beidelschies and Aaron Rider will have name tags made up for our members attending the
2 A cash box has been purchased for the club to be used at future shows.
3. All committees reported that everything is on track and going well.
4. Chairman Gaietto asked for anyone able to volunteer to be at Stacy’s Place on the Saturday night before the show please come to help set up.
5. The importance of selling tickets for the show was again stressed as this is the clubs main source of income.
A motion was made by Gloria Wolfe and seconded by Denny Hall to adjourn. Motion passed.
The February door prizes were won by Gabrielle Hess, Rick Trimble and Chuck Brandeberry.
Joe Dohanos conducted a 23 lot auction.
Fostoria Coin Club Pre-Listed Auction. Monday, March 16, 2020
Lot Date Item Grade Min Bid
1 Various, Mercury Dimes (6), Rare Coins (4), America's Favorite Coins (5) $12.00
2 1936, 37 & 38 Wheat Pennies (3) EF+, AU, AU+ 2.75
3 1943 Wheat Penny, Metal Spots & RR(13 deg, ccw) Unc 3.75
4 1943 Wheat Penny, Copper Plated Unc 1.75
5 1939P&D Wheat Pennies (2) MS-60, EF+ 1.75
6 1947P&D Wheat Pennies (2) MS-60 0.75
7 1949P&D Wheat Pennies (2) AU 0.50
8 1955S Wheat Penny MS-65 1.75
9 1976D (Bi-Cent) IKE $1, Var 1 (bold lettering) MS-60 2.25
10 1972P IKE $1, Var 2 (high relief earth) MS-60 12.75
11 1979P&D SBA $1 (2) MS-63 5.75
12 1979P & 80P SBA $1 (2) MS-63, MS-63+ 5.75
13 1942P & S Washington Quarters (2) 7.50
14 1957P & D Washington Quarters (2) VF, EF 6.75
15 1958 Washington Quarter VF 3.75
16 1892S Liberty Head Dime (key date - filler) AG 19.75
17 1909 Indianhead Penny VF 9.75
18 1976P (Bi-Cent) IKE $1 Roll(20 coins) BU 46.00
19 2013 $2 Bill, Dallas Crisp Unc 3.75
20 1886-1986 Silver US Liberty, Ellis Island, (2 coin set) Proof 25.00
21 1987P & D Kennedy Halves (2),( Not issued for circulation) MS-62 6.25
22 circa 1980 $10 LV Gaming Token, .999 Sil, 5/8 oz, Orleans - Big Al Bowling 18.25
23 1923 Peace $1, Dutch Auction, MS-60 Start at 29.00
+Grades are mostly the opinion of the seller. Be sure to look over the Lots before the Auction.
++ Submit items (using the above format) to Auctioneer Joe Dohanos for inclusion in future auctions.